Utah Vehicle Emissions Testing at West Valley City's Best Automotive Repair Shop
Utah Vehicle Emissions Testing Requirements
Navigating Utah Vehicle Emissions Testing requirements can be a bit confusing. Back Shop Auto is here to help you understand the requirements and perform vehicle emissions testing when needed. Here's what you need to know:
- All vehicles registered in Davis, Salt Lake, Utah and Weber counties with model years less than six years old get an emission test once every two years.
- Even-numbered model year vehicles get an emission test in even-numbered years. Odd-numbered year cars get emission tested in odd numbered years.
- Vehicles less than two years old (the model year) are exempt from an emissions inspection.
- Vehicles six years old and older (to 1967) get an emission test every year.
- Emission certificates are not required for vehicles 1967 or older.
Vehicle Safety Inspections
Effective January 1, 2018, the State of Utah removed the safety inspection requirement for most vehicles as a prerequisite for registration. However, there are some vehicles that require a safety inspection. These include:
- Salvage vehicles that have been rebuilt and are requesting a rebuilt title.
- First time street legal ATV registrations. This includes ownership transfers for previously registered street legal ATVs.
- Commercial vehicles are required to obtain a safety inspection for display and presenting to law enforcement, but it is not a prerequisite for registration.
Back Shop Auto will continue to provide you with safety related inspections of your brakes, suspension, steering, tires, lights and visibility, to make sure you're driving safely and comfortably in your Utah travels
Easy DMV Registration Renewal
After your vehicles passes the State of Utah Vehicle Emissions testing, Back Shop can also help you renew your Utah DMV registration on the spot for a small additional fee, saving lots of time. No appointment is needed for emissions testing and DMV renewal. Just stop by and we'll help you out!